Our Mission and Goals:
To foster within the community an appreciation for the unique qualities of the Village.
- Grow the MPF endowment fund to $1,000,000.
- Continue to provide in-school and other docent-guided programs.
- Maintain strong relations with Village administration.
- Maintain strong relations with the Thomas J. Emery Memorial.
Communicate to the people of the Village the accomplishments and mission of MPF
- To assure the continuity of the principles of town planning.
- Adhere to the ideals presented in John Nolen’s “Master Plan” for Mariemont when addressing contemporary issues regarding town planning.
- Support efforts to protect the status of Wooster Pike, encourage rerouting of US 50 traffic,
- support Lunken Airport flight pattern controls, and monitor development of the “Eastern Corridor”.
To collect and preserve historic archives and artifacts, and protect historic properties.
- Promote the maintenance/restoration of all historic properties in the Village of Mariemont
– work for acquisition of the Ferris House;
– continue to advocate the preservation of historic buildings
- Collect historic artifacts and records as outlined in MPF’s “Collections Policy”.
– conduct interviews to record and preserve oral histories related to the history of Mariemont;
– secure Madisonville Site artifacts and chronicles from private and institutional collections;
- Digitally archive artifacts and records to develop interactive and archival displays.
To perpetuate the dream of Mariemont’s founder, Mary Emery, of the Village as a special place for family life.
- Support Village floral planting/landscaping activities.
- Develop historic trails
- Assure proper maintenance of the pioneer cemetery
- Promote and encourage MPF membership and participation by all age groups
– increase MPF membership to 400.