We are excited to announce the acquisition of the Eliphalet Ferris House at 3915 Plainville Road. This original pioneer house was built in 1802. It is the oldest brick building in Hamilton County still standing at its original location. A 2-story addition was constructed in 1812-13 and the building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It served as the Mariemont Company Headquarters and triangular survey station during the construction of Mariemont area and as a museum housing the Native American artifacts discovered during the construction of Mariemont. Richard H Dana restored the house in 1927 and in 1936 the Daughters of the American Revolution furnished some of the rooms. Over the following years it has been an architect’s office, a doctor’s office and more recently an educational consulting business. It is the goal of MPF to return this historic pioneer house to its original intended use as a museum.
Last modified: January 20, 2024